Canlas Law Group, APLC
contact Menu
our Practice areas

Are you owed back overtime pay?

If you come to find that your employer owes you back overtime pay, don't hesitate to learn more about your legal rights. Neglecting to take action could cause you to miss out on hundreds of thousands of dollars that are due to you.

The first thing you should do is discuss your concerns with your employer. They may realize they've made a mistake, and then do whatever it takes to make things right. If this happens, you don't have to take any additional action.

If your employer doesn't comply, it's time to contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division. This division is responsible for enforcing the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).

To file a complaint, provide the Wage and Hour Division with the following:

  • Your name
  • Your phone number and address
  • The name of your employer
  • The location of your employer
  • Contact information for your employer
  • Name of company owners or managers
  • The type of work you completed
  • How you were paid
  • When you were paid
  • The reason for filing your complaint

From there, the Wage and Hour Division will investigate your claim and determine what to do next. If they find that you're due back overtime pay, they may supervise future payments to you. You also have the right to file a lawsuit for back pay and related damages.

You have legal rights as an employee, and it's often up to you to protect them. If your employer owes you back overtime pay, discuss this with them and don't be afraid to take legal action if necessary.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Call Us For A Free Consultation

Start doing something about your legal problem right away. Call us at 888-495-8938 to schedule a free consultation.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Our Office Location

Canlas Law Group, APLC
18000 Studebaker Road, Suite 350
Cerritos, California 90703

Toll Free: 888-495-8938
Fax: 323-888-4329
Cerritos Law Office Map